- Indonesia's economic growth in the first quarter of 2022 still grew positively at 5.01% (yoy), lower than the previous quarter's achievement of 5.02% (yoy). Economic growth is in line with the government's forecast at the midpoint of 5.0% yoy.
- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in April 2022 experienced inflation of 0.95% (mtm), after inflation was recorded at 0.66% (mtm) in the previous month.
- Indonesia's Trade Balance in March 2022 again recorded a surplus of 4.53 billion US dollars. The surplus is higher than the surplus in the previous month which reached 3.83 billion USD.
- Citing data from the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) via RTI Business, the JCI rose 32.15 points or 0.45% to a level of 7,229. The strengthening of the JCI is influenced by expectations of an increase in public consumption ahead of the fasting and Eid season.
- The Bank Indonesia Board of Governors Meeting (RDG) on 18-19 April 2022 decided to maintain the BI 7-Day Reverse Repo Rate (BI7DRR) at 3.50%, the Deposit Facility interest rate at 2.75%, and the Lending Facility interest rate at 4 ,25%.
Monthly Economic & Market Outlook
Disclaimer :This document is for informational purposes only and obtained from a variety of reliable sources, but is not a guarantee the accuracy or completeness and should not be relied on completely. The above conditions may be changed at any time. Forbidden to rewrite anything without written permission from The East Java Regional Development Bank.