- The Central Statistics Agency (BPS) noted that inflation in April 2023 was 0.33%, calendar year inflation or year to date (ytd) was recorded at 1.01% ytd, and year on year (yoy) was 4.33%.
- Based on data from the Central Bureau of Statistics, Indonesia's trade balance surplus continued in March 2023 of US$2.91 billion, after recording a surplus of US$5.46 billion in February 2023.
- The Ministry of Finance (Kemenkeu) noted that the government's debt position until the end of March 2023 was at the level of IDR 7,879.07 trillion.
- Board of Governors' Meeting (RDG) on April 17-18 2023 decided to maintain the BI 7- Day Reverse Repo Rate (BI7DRR) at 5.75%, the Deposit Facility interest rate at 5.00%, and the Lending Facility interest rate at 6. ,50%.
- The Federal Reserve again raised interest rates by 25 basis points (bps) to a range of 5 – 5.25 percent on Wednesday (3/5) and signaled it would halt further hikes.
Monthly Economic & Market Outlook
Disclaimer :This document is for informational purposes only and obtained from a variety of reliable sources, but is not a guarantee the accuracy or completeness and should not be relied on completely. The above conditions may be changed at any time. Forbidden to rewrite anything without written permission from The East Java Regional Development Bank.